Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Friday afternoon - I attempted to make one last batch of jam, this time from the Strawberry Puree that I've had for the past few months. I'm not sure if it was because it was puree and not the actual full strawberry, but it turned out more like strawberry syrup (bummer!)

Friday evening - Brant and I made homemade Valentine's cookies and frosting...which didn't exactly turn out the prettiest (in fact, maybe I'm embarrased to include this photo) but when Brant announced he was done with icing his cookies, I couldn't help but smile when I turned and saw his artwork...Can you tell which cookies he did? Here's a hint- one of them has to do with airplanes.

Saturday afternoon - Mama Harrison was in town from Texas and took us all out to Tucanos for Valentines (yum!). Then we hit up the road to Heber for a nice early evening drive (wish I had taken a pic to show pops the good times he missed).

Sunday morning - Kyle and Amanda were in town from Vegas and came over for breakfast (it was nice to know that I could actually use that strawberry syrup for waffles...) P.S. If you live in the Vegas area and get the chance, pick up a bag of Nutty Guys candy/ nuts- it's what Kyle is up to as a distributor down there.

Sunday evening - My cousins Jenna and Chelsea that are going to BYU dropped by for dinner and brought a surprise visitor- my Aunt Julie from Georgia! Julie's getting ready for an upcomming marathon (I was almost embarrased to bring up that Brant and I will be running in a 5K next month. So puny compared to a marathon!)

4 comments:

The Caldwell's said...

Mmmm, one of these days I have to try your jams! Your cookies looks great! They are so cute. Glad your Valentines Day was great! Good luck with 5K!

V said...

Hey friend!
I usually read posts in Google Reader so I just noticed how you changed your "about us" section! You crack me up! Wish I lived closer so we could adventures while our husbands are away...and maybe I could even learn how to make jam.

Also, I love seeing how close you are to "Mama Harrison" and "Pops." I think it is so cute how you make sure to provide updates for Pops. =)

J+S said...

Joleen brought me some of your blackberry jam. YUM! Did you make freezer jam with the strawberry puree or water bath jam?

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

It was 95% the 'water bath' jam. (I had a little extra left over that I put in a tupperware container and put in the freezer).