Thursday, September 4, 2008

Such a bummer

that Stephanie Meyer's Midnight Sun (aka Twilight from Edward's perspective) was leaked on the internet. While I wouldn't call myself a die-hard Twilight fan, I'm disappointed that someone who is so passionate about something has given up finishing the rest of her book because she feels so violated as an author (can you blame her?). She's put the book on hold indefinitely because she is too sad at what has happened to finish it and went as far as to post online the draft of the story that she will never finish for all to read.

See what happened here and here (which includes a link to the indefinitely unfinished manuscript.)

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I think I am going to cry.

Julie Barnes said...

I will admit I was disapointed to hear that she is not finishing the book. I was sort of interested in reading Edwards story... I guess when you are a popular author people really want to get to your stuff so they will do anything. Maybe she will publish it in a few years. Who knows...