Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Canning, anyone?


Last week I went to the Lindon cannery to fill one of our branch's cannery assignments. Call me a geek, but I'm a total fan of going to the cannery- I've been all three times that our branch has had assignments (Brant was with me one of the times, the rest he was on trips).
There's just something about using no brain power but still being productive after comming home from a day's work (and that has nothing to do with cleaning or cooking. Maybe that's why I like couponing so much too). We've built a pretty good food storage of our own so far and will be going back next month for family canning. Along with the cream of mushroom soup and applesauce we ordered, we'll be getting frozen raspberries, blackberries, and peaches that I'm hoping to make into jam. Anyone out there want to have a canning/ jamming party? Anyone is welcome- especially those that actually know how to do it :)

2 comments:

Andrea - said...

Good for you!

Freezer jam is oh so yummy and very easy.

Nancy H said...

I just want to say, Kristen, that if you made the jam that you have in the picture, it is beautiful! Nice job!