Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Extracurricular Class


Next Thursday Brant and I will start our participation in a parenting class that one of the KLAS executives' wives coordinated. She had taken the course previously and liked it so much that she's put together a class and invited the company and spouses to participate in a private course with the instructor. It will take place once a week for 2 hours every Thursday evening and continue for 2 months.

Her recommendation to me was that even though we don't yet have kids and won't be able to really apply the principles now, that we'll be ahead of the game when the time comes. When applying my mom's promting from the other day of the "20- Year Test" (meaning that in 20 years will it make a different if I took the class or not?) I think that this class is a good chance that it will have made a difference. So, I'm not sure what to really expect....but I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

The Caldwell's said...

Sounds like a cool class. i look forward to your update!

The Harpers said...

ha we'll have to compare notes- I'm taking that class at my internship

J+S said...

Read The Historian. It is so so so much better. I love it. What am I doing blogging? I should be reading that book instead!