Tuesday, September 15, 2009

(Extendend) Weekend Wrap

It has recently been brought to my attention that my postings have been sporadic lately.

I can't say that I haven't noticed that too... Anyways, here's what we were up to this weekend- its text heavy since I didn't have my camera with me.

Friday evening - Since Brant was going to be on a trip over the weekend, I made plans with Rissa to go to the Women's Expo going on at UVU (meaning a weekend trip out to Utah). Arriving in Salt Lake later than planned on Friday evening, we made a dinner stop at Jason's Deli and then called it a night.

Saturday - after an awesome egg and bacon breakfast cooked by John (thanks for letting me hang out with your wife all weekend, by the way) a quick trip to University Mall to check out baby ideas at all the cute kiosks. And then onto the expo!

I love this expo and have gone the past, I think 4 times in a row (it happens every 6 months). This one was the best one yet- they've gotten big enough to outgrow the McKay center on UVU campus and now have booths outside. The first thing we got before even entering the expo from one of the outside booths was a free key safe lock from one of the booths. We made (free) scrapbooking cards, got (free) massages, got my ring cleaned and shined (for free), lots of (free) food samples, and I picked up a few baby things that I haven't seen out here in Georgia yet (those weren't free...but that's ok!)

Ater getting our fill at the Expo, we hit up Costa Vita for lunch (pork salads are the best) and stopped by the hair stylist I was going to in Utah for me to get a trim up/ thinning haircut.

Back to Rissa's place for an afternoon rest... and then a trip up to Thai Pan Trading for a crash course from Rissa on home decorating (remember this post?). I may have been crazy for attempting to bring home so many breakables, but luckily made it back without breaking anything. And once our home closes on the 24th of this month, I'll actually have some home decor!

Afterwards it was already dark outside, so we started to wind down the evening by heading to Provo to drop off my mission photos to a girl that I found on Craigslist that would scrapbook them for me (I think it's about due time to get that done since I've had a box sitting with them for the past 4 years). I'm excited to see how they turn out.

Back to Rissa's for dinner and an episode of Gilmore Girls. Since Rissa and John moved into the apartment we were living in, they have been able to reap the benefits of the garden Brant planted earlier this year (we don't mind- Brant would much rather have left his garden to friends than if strangers had moved in after us). John went out and picked some peppers and jalepenos for me to take back to Brant. Needless, to say, they were fantastic and Brant was stoked.

Sunday morning - back to the Salt Lake airport by 9am and arrived in Dallas where Brant (who was now done with work) picked me up after 1pm. Too late to make it to church at his folk's ward (I'm not a fan of traveling on Sundays, but this was the best way to plan the trip back with the flight options), the rest of the day was spent showing Brant the loot that I collected from the expo, napping, dinner, and visiting with Ma and Pa Harrison.

Monday morning - Brant had brought the baby blanket with him that I have been working on back home and, after hitting up the fabric store for the right batting, we were able to quickly do the tying on it with his mom's quilting frames. Some more visiting, and then back home to Georgia that evening.
I'll see if I can come up with some entertaining posts...

1 comment:

J+S said...

I'm so sorry that I missed you this weekend! We definitely need to go to lunch or dinner when you are here again.