Sunday, June 29, 2008

Long Beach & Farmer's Markets

On Friday afternoon, I headed out to Long Beach on a flight that Brant was flying (its a bummer whenever I get home after 5pm and he has to leave shortly after that for a trip- so I went along). It was a fun flight- its always neat to hear Brant on the PA system. I also sat next to a flight attendant for Jet Blue who is my age and living in Park City, but is based out of Long Beach and is also into photography. We got into Long Beach around 8:30pm- but since our flight back to Salt Lake was at 6:45am in the morning, we settled for a hole in the wall Mexican Restaurant to eat dinner at and then hit the hay. This is after we landed and Brant was doing the post flight.


The next morning we get to the airport to discover that the computers at the Skywest counters are down and that they "cancelled" the flight. Luckily, after two hours, they end up giving up on the computers and just boarded people onto the plane from a faxed list of passengers. Brant was a trooper- he tried to help with getting the system back up. I took this pic from where I was standing in line with the rest of the passengers.


After the computer chaos in Long Beach, we arrived back into Salt Lake, and, since Brant still had a trip to Billings MT and back before heading home, I wandered around town to pass a few hours until he got back. I ended up at the Salt Lake Farmer's Market and had a blast!! I loved seeing all the different types of things people were selling- as well as all the different types of people who attended. It made me want to pitch a tent and sell something of my own! Farmer's Markets have such a friendly atmosphere- you feel like your buying from friends instead of from a bored checker at a grocery store. I ended up with some Utah grown honey, fabulous red raspberry jam, a loaf of wheat bread, and a cute headband. I still had time to kill after that, so I headed over to Gateway and picked up a few things I "needed" before heading back to the airport to pick up Brant. It was definately a fun day!

1 comment:

J+S said...

I love farmer's markets!