Friday, September 30, 2011

I can't stop thinking about it

There's a rest stop located 1.5 hours outside of Houston on the 4 hour drive up to Dallas (where we visited Ma & Pa Harrison earlier this week).  The kind of place where you see billboards advertising for well over 200 miles before you actually get there.  We had heard about this place prior to stopping there, so we had really high expectations.

And let me tell you - it did not disappoint.

With its sparkling clean, roomy stalls- and dare I say- beautiful bathrooms, the only thing that makes it better is its well run deli counter (self service touch screens?  sweet!) and it's selection of classy Texas souvenirs.  No, not those tacky "Someone Went to (insert destination) and all I got was this lousy magnet" gas station souvenirs, but tasteful, non-annoying souvenirs.  

I've kind of always liked how Texans were so proud of where they are from and enjoyed looking around this rest stop.  And since I'm well on my way to becoming a Texan woman, I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to stop thinking about this apron that I have to have... until I drive the 1.5 hours back just to get it.  


Now how many state flags can make an apron look that fun??

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Cute! How come I have never seen that apron on all my stops there? I was obviously too overwhelmed by the bathrooms and chicken sandwiches...

CASEY & NICOLE said...

I LOVE that!! Miss you!!

Kristen said...

Way cute. If I was a Texan woman I would want one too.